To view or download Blake's environmental certification click here
Blake is dedicated to the practice of sound environmental stewardship and the promotion of the health, safety and well being of our employees. These values originate from the company’s top management and are emphasised through all levels of responsibility within the organisation.
- Meet or exceed all applicable government legislation, local and company environmental, health and safety standards.
- Endeavour to only source and market products that are manufactured by companies with specified environmental policies.
- Closely monitor all aspects of our operation for prevention of pollution. For example, with transport and distribution, we maximise space utilisation on vehicles to minimise the requirement for extra delivery vehicles.
- Participate in recycling to the greatest practical extent to reduce impact on landfills and promote recovery of valuable resources. All our plastic and cardboard waste is baled and recycled using a local recycling company.
- Have specific concerns for product sustainability, i.e., producing a range of products that are FSC® or PEFC™ certified and from well-managed forest sources.
- Strive to continuously improve our commitment to the above stated principles through exercise of our EMS (Environmental Management System) Action Plan by using improved technology and diligence.
- Continue to increase our range of environmentally friendly envelope products. Now totalling more than 67% of our product range making it the largest range available in the UK for next day delivery.
Environmentally Friendly - From The Ground Up
Our new offices at Clarence House have been designed and built to exacting performance standards to ensure that the impact on the environment is kept to an absolute minimum. The following changes listed below have considerably reduced our carbon footprint.
- Additional thermal insulation added to the ceilings roof
- Additional thermal insulation to the external walls
- All windows and doors replaced with high performance glazing units
- All lighting replaced throughout with new efficient fittings with either LED or fluorescent lamps
- All lighting fully automatically controlled with motion sensors to ensure none are left on in unoccupied rooms
- Fully automatic cooling system using the latest technology - Daikin VRV system
- Reduced water consumption by motion sensitive taps in the washrooms
- Replaced all warehouse lighting with environmentally efficient LED motion sensitive lighting
In addition, we have recycled 63.69 tonnes of paper, 5.47 tonnes of plastic and 13.28 tonnes of cardboard!
For more information on recycling and what recycling facilities are locally available to you, please visit www.recyclenow.com
Our Environmental products