Here at Blake we pride ourselves on enacting sustainable practices and endeavour to become as environmentally friendly and responsible as possible.
With our mission statement being to ‘Deliver sustainable enveloping solutions that create memorable experiences’, we are always thinking of innovative ways to implement positive change. As such we’ve made a commitment that ‘Blake will be 100% Carbon Neutral by 2030’. Through our current work, we are already well on our way to achieving this goal.
In order to achieve our commitment, we have a structured range of Key Initiatives that allow us to lessen our carbon impact.
Energy Consumption Reduction
Reshoring Supply Chain
Carbon Offset Program
Full Supplier Compliance Audit Program
National & International Award Program
- Energy Consumption Reduction. One of the key ways we are able to reduce our energy consumption is through our head offices in Yeovil, that have been designed and built to exacting performance standards, allowing the following:
- All electricity is produced from renewable sources.
- Additional 50% thermal insulation.
- Fully automatic cooling systems.
- Fan Assisted cooling systems.
- Automated LED lighting.
- Electric forklifts in all our warehouses.
- Strict recycling scheme promoting the recovery of valuable resources.
- Reshoring Supply Chain. Through reshoring our supply chain we will be able to significantly reduce the distances that our products are shipped.
- Carbon Offset Program with Tomorrows Forests. This program will allow us to offset the carbon produced from manufacturing and shipping through reforestation.
- Full Supplier Compliance Audit Program. Through implementing such an audit program we are able to ensure that all suppliers that we work with uphold and practice the same values that we do. The benefit of this is that our entire supply chain would be actively working towards the same sustainable goal.
- Achieve Ecovadis Gold status by 2023 and Platinum Status by 2026. Having already achieved the standard required for Ecovadis Silver, our ambition is to continue our path to sustainability and reach these next standards over the coming years. Not only does achieving these accreditations illustrate our commitment to achieving Carbon Neutral by 2030, but through working with Ecovadis we are provided key resources and insights on how best to manage and improve sustainable performance.
Alongside our key initiatives that will enable significant progression to achieve our commitment to be “Carbon Neutral by 2030” we have also implemented key programs and product ranges that illustrate our commitment to the United Nations’ (UN’s) Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
1. No Poverty
2. Zero Hunger
3. Good Health and Well-being
4. Quality Education
5. Gender Equality
6. Clean Water and Sanitation
7. Affordable and Clean Energy
8. Decent Work and Economic Growth
9. Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure
10. Reduce Inequalities
11. Sustainable Cities and Communities
12. Responsible Consumption and Production
13. Climate Action
14. Life Below Water
15. Life on Land
16. Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions
17. Partnerships for the Goals
The first of which is our “Giving Hope Through Education” program., enabling progression towards achieving the following SDGs:
- No Poverty (SDG 1)
- Quality Education (SDG 2)
- Decent Work and Economic Growth (SDG 3)
In order to maximise our impact, this program has 3 key stems:
Our Global Reach
Our Local Reach
Our Community Reach
Our second focus is that of ensuring we are “Sustainably Sound”, hereby focusing on enabling progression towards the following SDGs:
- Responsible Consumption and Production (SDG 12)
- Climate Action (SDG 13)
- Life Below Water (SDG 14)
- Life On Land (SDG 15)
In order to focus our impact, this program has 3 key stems:
Ultimately, we recognise our responsibility to enact sustainable practices in every aspect of our operations, as such we strive to create and deliver innovative programs that will benefit both the environment and those within it.
To view more of our sustainable objectives and achievements click here