Great for the environment
We have ISO14001 Certification - proving to our customers and suppliers that we constantly monitor, and are up to date with, our procedures to improve efficiency and reduce our waste.
Forest Stewardship Council® • FSC® Supplier • FSC® Registration Code No. TT-COC- 002389 • Supporting responsible use of forest resources
PEFC© Program for the Endorsement of Forest Certification Schemes Registration Number BMT-PEFC-0921. Chain of custody certification of paper based products.
To view or download Blake's environmental certification click here
Blake is dedicated to the practice of sound environmental stewardship and the promotion of the health, safety and wellbeing of our employees. These values originate from the company’s top management and are emphasised through all levels of responsibility within the organisation.
- Meet or exceed all applicable government legislation, local and company environmental, health and safety standards.
- Endeavour to only source and market products that are manufactured by companies with specified environmental policies.
- Closely monitor all aspects of our operation for prevention of pollution. For example, with transport and distribution, we maximise space utilisation on vehicles to minimise the requirement for extra delivery vehicles.
- Participate in recycling to the greatest practical extent to reduce impact on landfills and promote recovery of valuable resources. All our plastic and cardboard waste is baled and recycled using a local recycling company.
- Have specific concerns for product sustainability, i.e., producing a range of products that are FSC® or PEFC™ certified and from well-managed forest sources.
- Strive to continuously improve our commitment to the above stated principles through exercise of our EMS (Environmental Management System) Action Plan by using improved technology and diligence.
- Continue to increase our range of environmentally friendly envelope products. Now totalling more than 67% of our product range making it the largest range available in the UK for next day delivery.
Environmentally Friendly - From the Ground Up
Blake Envelopes have been operating the ISO 14001 system since 2010. Over the past 8 years we have taken on and utilised many new green technologies and equipment, including: air source heat pumps, LED lighting systems (with PIR controls), warehouse destratification systems and new, more efficient material handling equipment and other smaller changes - this has all had positive results in reducing our carbon foot print and our costs. As a company we regularly attend events set on by the Environment Agency and exhibitions that are based around energy and waste management which enable us to keep up to date with the latest developments.
2017 saw the introduction of the Clarence HVAC building management control, sited on the FM computer, which is able to be remotely controlled by the Facilities Manager's phone, enabling quick and effective control of the building temperature. This year we are aiming to increase our recycling amounts and encouraging all staff to be involved with this by carrying out staff awareness training and removing general staff waste bins and replacing with recycling bins.
- Reduced our landfill waste impact by 54% equating to nearly 100 tonnes per year saved from landfill.
- Implemented recycling of all our white office paper waste.
- Invested in baling machinery to enable effective recycling of all cardboard and polythene waste.
- Committed the company to a Carbon Reduction Programme. This has so far seen the acquisition of two new storage warehouses in close proximity to our existing facility, therefore reducing our requirement for outside storage and resulting in a considerable reduction in truck movements.
Considerations Blake has given to retail packaging
- Value-added design to be visually appealing so that the boxes can be ‘upcycled’ and reused after their original purpose has been fulfilled.
- Promotion of FSC® and PEFC TM certified products via use of on-product labels for certified ranges.
- If required, the Mobius recycling loop can be added to product packaging to highlight to end-users that the material is recyclable.
If you are unsure where your nearest recycling point is please visit the RECYLE NOW website for useful tips and advice.
Environmentally Friendly Products
Purely Environmental, the unique portfolio of eco-friendly envelopes that deliver against our increasing social environmental responsibilities. Ranging from FSC certification to recycled envelopes, in a number of different shades, this collections meets the growing need for sustainable, quality mailing pieces. ‘Good for business better for the future’.
Premium Pure meets the demand for an environmentally friendly product that retains the high quality your business demands. The range comprises of 100% recycled, FSC certification products– the whitest recycled envelopes in the world. So, with its professional aesthetic, and environmentally friendly credentials, you can ensure that your mailings are working sustainably. ‘Recycle everything except ideas’.
Did you know? All of our manilla envelope range contain no less than 80% recycled content.