End of Year Message
We can say that 2017 has been an amazing year for Blake. In an industry seemingly full of gloom and despondency we at Blake are full of optimism and as we often say when everyone ‘zigs’ we ‘zag’.
We have invested in people, production and process in 2017 and this has resulted in a 12.5% increase in sales, quite an achievement in the face of a further envelope volume reductions of 5%. Some of our notable achievements this year have been:
- The opening of the Leeds Hub in January – started by Richard Pennie and joined in April by Richard Thrower, Dawn Woodhead and Sharon Hartley.
- The opening of the Manchester hub in April started by Cat Crofts and recently joined in September by Richard Dawson.
- The opening of the London Hub right in the centre of London strategically associated with new award winning Postal Museum, joined in November by Sam Coe.
- The acquisition of Rapid Envelopes our first production hub in April, strengthening our supply chain and supporting the reshoring of UK manufacturing.
- The appointment of Graham Carlin as Managing Director with Michael Barter becoming CEO.
- Achieving our best ever sales month in November.
As ever though, we owe this success to you, our customers. So, at the end of 2017 we would like to say a huge and genuine thank you for all your continued support.
We look forward to working with you in 2018 and providing you with great products, new innovations and the unrivaled service that is synonymous with Blake. Posted: 20/12/17 by Blake