Blake Envelopes are pleased to be able to support the RNLI:
Did you know that:
- The Weymouth inshore lifeboat is one of a class of 46 the largest lifeboats in operation in the UK.
- Commissioned 11 years ago it cost £1.86 million.
- The lifeboat can carry a maximum of 145 persons.
- In a trial operation it “Rescued” 100 persons.
- Manned by a crew of 7 and powered by 2 CAT V12 Diesel engines it weighs 43 Tonnes.
- At a max speed of 26 Knots it uses 500 litres of fuel per hour and has a range of 10 Hours continuous driving .
- The Weymouth Lifeboat was called out approximately 100 times last year.
- It costs £5000 per launch.
- The annual cost of Keeping UK Lifeboats at sea is £130,000,000.
- RNLI is entirely funded by private donations. It receives no government funding.
The Weymouth lifeboat team would like to thank Blake Envelopes for the generous Donation and welcomes all employees of Blake Envelopes to pay them a visit and will be given the VIP treatment!
Our thanks to Joe Jones in our customer services team who came up with the suggestion and arranged the presentation. Posted: 28/02/13 by Blake