As a business Blake is dedicated to ensuring that your privacy is always protected. Our team, like you, are regular users of ecommerce websites so we recognise and appreciate the importance of keeping your data safe. Please be assured that any identifiable information we ask you to provide, whilst using our website or though other company contact channels, will only ever be used in line with this privacy statement.
We may choose to periodically amend this policy by updating this page. We recommend that you check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from March 2018.
The data we collect
Information you provide to us voluntarily.
- We collect your information when you register or create an account, ask to sign up to receive our marketing and during the course of email exchanges with us and as part of any customer support interactions.
- The information we collect includes name, email address, postal address and telephone number. We never store your bank details on our website/server and is only captured to process your payment via World Pay.
Information we collect through your use of our website.
- IP address of device(s) used;
- Browser type;
- Operating system and device type;
- Referring website addresses;
- Access times and dates; and
- Approximate location e.g. London.
The data collected enables us to ensure that information presented on our website is more helpful and relevant.
What we do with the information we collect?
We require this information to understand your needs and overall provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
Assist us in processing your online orders.
- It is necessary for us to use your personal information to process your orders so you can purchase the products you require.
Providing admin support for your account.
- It is in our legitimate interests to use your personal information when we provide administrative and customer services support so that we can provide the very best service to you.
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- Where you have ‘opted in’ to receive our marketing, using the personal data you have provided we may periodically send you email or mail communications to promote our products and services.
How long do we keep your information?
We only keep your information for as long as is necessary for the purposes listed above. When it is no longer a requirement to store your information we will delete it securely. Please note if you ask us to stop processing your information for marketing purposes, we may need to retain some of it to ensure that your details are kept on our marketing suppression lists.
Protecting your security online
When you shop with us online for the first time, we will ask you for certain information such as your email address, name, delivery address to make sure that your order and delivery can be fulfilled.
Any information you provide us through your journey on the website is fully encrypted through SSL (secure sockets layer ). SSL is enabled as default. You can see when you’re on a secure page, because the address in your browser will begin with https. And, you can relax knowing you’re your credit card details are processed in the UK via World Pay.
How we keep your data secure
We are committed to ensuring that your information is protected and kept safe and secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures in place to protect any information we collect online.
Other Information we collect from you
When you contact Blake through one of the email address displayed on our website we will collect your email address and any other information you provide in that email (such as your name, telephone number and the information contained in any signature block in your email).
When you contact Blake via our online contact form in order for us to process your enquiry or service your requests we need to collect your Name, Company Name, Phone Number and Email Address as well as any other data you complete when filling out our contact form.
If you do not fill out the mandatory information required then you will not be able to submit the form.
When you contact Blake by phone, we collect your phone number and any other information that your provide to your Account Handler, this information is recorded in order for us to process your request or enquiry. We do not record phone calls.
When you contact Blake by post we collect any information that you send in your communication, this allows us to process your request or enquiry.
Your rights (objection and access to the information we hold)
You have the following rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you:
Your right of access.
- If you ask us, we will confirm if we are processing your personal information and, if so, provide you with a copy of that personal information (along with certain other details).
Your right to rectification.
- If any of the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you are entitled to have this rectified.
Your right to erasure.
- You also have the right, in certain circumstances to ask us to delete or remove the personal information we have stored for you. For example if we no longer need it or you withdraw your consent (where applicable).
Your right to restrict processing.
- You can ask us to stop or suppress the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances such as if you wish to challenge the accuracy of the data we have stored or have an objection to us continuing to process it. However this does not stop us from storing the information for purposes such as marketing suppression etc.
Your right to object.
You can ask us to stop processing your personal information, and we will do so, if we’re:
- relying on our own or someone else’s legitimate interests to process your personal information, unless we can demonstrate justifiable legal grounds for said processing; or
- Processing your personal information for direct marketing.
Your right to withdraw consent.
- If we rely on your consent (or explicit consent) as our legal basis for processing your personal information, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time.
Your right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
- If you have a concern about any aspect of our privacy practices, including the way we’ve handled your personal information, you can report it to the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
You can find details about how to do this on the ICO website at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or by calling their helpline on 0303 123 1113.
To exercise your legal rights please contact our customer service team on 0193547755 or DPO@blake-envelopes.com
There are a few different kinds of cookies and they each do slightly different things.
Website functionality cookies
These allow you to browse the website and use all the available functions such as the basket, checkout and account pages.
Website analysis cookies
These are used to assist us in measuring how people are using our site. This anonymous data collected is crucial for us to constantly improve the website and its usability.
Customer preference cookies
This data supports our website’s abilities to detect your location and provide you with relevant and bespoke content where possible. By using this data we can ensure that your online experience with us is straightforward.
Links to other websites